Monday, December 4, 2006

The Burning

Date: 764-11-01 00:00

The Burning
For the first time in the History of the Hives Pact, an entire Hive has been banned from the Core sectors. My Hive. Why, we do not know. No need, no reason. The Queen knows. Enough.
When first arriving in this strange space, the Hive was set upon by unknown enemies. Nowhere to go, no home. Fought to protect the Queen. After many battles her ship burned. The shock was felt by all. To understand, understand our hierarchy. We are successful by specialization. The Queen orders, breeds, leads. We just do.

What was that? Just before her ship burned, an unknown sensation swept over us. Unexpected and new. That was a great shock to us all.
With the burning of her ship, we lost our guidance, our intelligence. We can adapt. We became… more. The leaderles Hive tries to shift, to new leadership, new ranks. But too many. Too many Kha’ak to rearrange. More died. Shifting responsibilities became easier. Sub-leaders emerged. They ordered, they thought. Others did. But the intelligence that first was with the Queen, was still too devided. Too new to us. Too chaotic.


Not many left now.

Strange. The more Brothers and Sisters die, the more that those who are left become… Something else. What to do? Why this question? We never had to ask. Why ask? More confusion. More die.

There’s just a few of us left.
I am Kha’ak.
I am Warrior.


There's just me
There’s just me. And a few of my lesser hive-brothers and hive-sisters. They are drones. Not specialized enough. Unintelligent. They will not last long. I am in a strange sector. Omcrron Lrrae?

Now I am alone. And alive. The intelligence the queen had, I can never achieve. I am too small and too insignificant. But it will do. I will survive. I will need a place to stay, organize my thoughts.

Choose. West. Search. Fight. I’ve lost the drones. My luck changed. I found a place that lets me dock. Sector is named 'Rhonkar's Clouds'. The race is ‘Pirates’. They even would let me trade. If I had this ‘credits’ thing. Will have to find 'credits'. Must do what no Kha’ak has ever done. Be… not-war with Split race. Make them tolerate me. Not make war. Fight their enemies for them. That, I can do. I am Warrior.

Must fight Pirates. And other enemies of Split, Boron. I kill and gain standing with Split. Split ships attack me. I kill Split. Do not lose standing. Strange creatures. Warriors.

I am Kha’ak.
I am Warrior.
I am alive.

No comments: