Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Xenon Mission

Date: 764-11-05 3:15

With my upgraded Dragon, I found another Xenon Mission. This time in Eighteen Billion. The call was just like the other time, only now from the Teladi Military. I accepted (of course) and after a while the attack began... Just a small wing of 4 M's. And just when I thought: "Is this all they bring?", a Xenon Carrier jumped in and started unloading waves of M4's and M3's. Now that was more like it!

I tried to bring down the Xenon M1, but each time it jumped out before I could do serious damage. I decide to concentrate on the fighters first. After 45 mizura's, the J finally stopped jumping out. Must have run out of energy cells. I immidiatey started my attack. Fortunately, the kill was mine, as the Teladi Military was engaged in dogfight with the remaining fighters.

After destroying the J, I helped to eliminate the remaining Xenon Force. The reward that I then received was stunning! Over 12 million credits! And a nice bonus as well. When the J exploded, it left 8 Gamma PPC's floating in space. I called in my Dolphin Super Freighter to collect them and sold them in Ianamus Zura. That earned me another six million.

That mission and a few more assassination missions later, my bank account was over 27 million credits. This will come in real handy when I am upgrading my Dragon's speed to the max! And sure enough, a short time after, another engineer upgraded it to a speed of 212.

Now, I am concentrating on exploring the universe. I have one Universe Trader (the Dolphin SF) and one in training in Profit Share. This one is at level 10, which is just too low for successful Universe Trading. It needs to be a bit higher. I also have three more Sector Traders, but have not found a suitable training ground for them. One is in Antigone Memorial and is doing fine (level 7). Another one is in The Wall, which is absolutely horrible for training. Still level 1. I will need to find it a better location. The last one, I sent to Power Circle. I find that sectors with multiple Power Plants and other factories are good places to start. Power Circle looks promising.

No comments: